At The Yoga Nook we teach Iyengar Yoga, named after Mr BKS Iyengar, a profound practitioner and teacher who died in 2014. His family continue to teach in his tradition at RIMYI, his Institute in Pune, India. www.bksiyengar.com
Iyengar Yoga develops intelligence, clarity, vitality and space within the body. Props are sometimes used to bring more clarity to the asanas and make them more accessible.
Working clearly with our bodies increases the clarity of our minds. As our powers of perception grow we see that what we do and how we do it creates the consequences we live with, both in our bodies and our lives. In this way we can learn to have healthier bodies and lead happier lives.
Feel free to ask your teacher any questions you have or discuss with them issues that arise as you continue to do yoga.
House keeping tips
- Once you have enrolled, if you can’t make it to class please let your teacher know by leaving a message on 9550 9155 or sending an email.
- You can do make-ups for classes that have been missed and you have contacted us about. Please do these make-ups before the end of term.
- Everyone progresses at their own pace. When your teacher thinks you are ready they will approach you about going to Level 2. In Level 2 students are expected to be starting their own practice and attending at least 2 classes. You may also talk to your teacher if you feel you need more of a challenge. A good way to prepare for Level 2 is to do intensives and retreats.
- Please don’t wear strong perfumes to class and also take care of your personal hygiene – everyone is breathing in deeply!
- Please re-enrol for the next term at the end of each term. This lets us know how many spaces we have for new students.
- If you are an existing student of the school and will be away for part of the term you can pay pro-rata for the term for up to and including 2 weeks absence. If you will be away for more than 2 weeks then the cost is $22 per class for the classes you will be here for. Please calculate this yourself and let me know.
- New students to the school can join at any time in the term and pay pro-rata for the remainder of the term.